Novel Non-Isocyanate Siloxane-Polyurethane Coatings (RFT-517)
Glycidyl carbamate (GC) functional resins are used due to their high mechanical strength, toughness and abrasion and chemical resistance associated with polyurethanes as well as the convenience of epoxy-amine chemistry. Webster et al. have combined these resins with polydimethylsiloxane to develop self-stratified coatings that yield coatings hav ing low surface energy as well as reduce the hazards of isocyanates.
- Combines properties of polyurethanes with ease of epoxy-amine chemistry
- Decreased hazards associated with isocyanates in current coatings
- Excellent strength and adhesion with low surface energy
- Improved durability and adhesion over silicone elastomers
- Applications in marine ship hull coatings, anti-graffiti coatings, and anti-ice coatings
The technology is a siloxane-modified glycidyl carbamate resin and a coating composition utilizing amine crosslinkers.
This technology is patent pending with fully preserved PCT patent rights and is available for licensing/partnering opportunities.
Henry Nowak, Technology Manager
RFT, 517, RFT517
Inquire about this technology >